Electric cars will remain popular for a long time to come, according to the numbers. Every year, the number of EVs (Electric Vehicles) increase. Global EV sales rose by 46% in the first half of 2019 compared to the first half of 2018, according to Edison Electric Institute. Tesla Model 3’s more affordable offering was largely responsible for the increase in sales. If you are considering an electric vehicle, keep reading.
Charge stations for electric vehicles are on the increase
Because of a lack of information or an insufficient number of charging stations, many consumers have hesitated to buy fully electric vehicles. The number of public charging stations is lower than the number of gas stations, but charging equipment manufacturers, automakers, utilities, hotel chains, businesses, municipalities, and government agencies are rapidly installing charging stations nationwide. As of 2019, there were nearly 22,000 publicly accessible charging stations, offering about 55,000 outlets, according to the Alternative Fueling Station Locator. The PlugShare app, which helps find nearby charging stations, is a handy app that helps keep you informed about charging stations. You can find charging stations near you by searching online. But here are 5 reasons you should consider buying an electric vehicle if you’re still on the fence about it.
Five Reasons to Invest in an Electric Vehicle
- A car that runs on electric power will save you money on fuel costs, which is the biggest benefit. A year’s worth of gas costs the average American about $2,000, so that’s a pretty good incentive. By replacing gas costs with a minimal electric cost, a fully electric car, like the Nissan Leaf or Chevy Bolt, greatly reduces your fuel expenses. An EV owner can expect to save about $1500 in fuel annually! EVs enable you to charge your vehicle overnight in the comfort of your own home, and allow you to avoid stopping at a gas station.
- Getting a car is one of the most effective ways to lower your carbon footprint. As compared with gas-powered cars, electric cars do offer several sustainable advantages, including the elimination of harmful tailpipe pollutants like particulates, organic volatiles, hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, ozone, lead, and nitrogen oxides. Electric cars produce the same amount of pollution as cars that get 100 miles per gallon or more, and the emissions are only declining as the electric grid grows in capacity. Your personal carbon footprint can be reduced when you drive an electric vehicle, and it is an important step in meeting global climate change goals and the 1 degree C lifestyle, which is in line with the Paris Agreement.
- The cost of maintenance is lower. In addition to saving on gas costs, you will also reduce your maintenance costs. Due to the lack of oil lubricating the engine, there are no waiting rooms at lube stations on the weekend for a $50-$75 oil and filter change on electric cars. In addition, none of these items would be applicable to an electric vehicle when you consider the top 10 most common auto repair items. Savings can accumulate over time as a result of these reduced costs, Which leave enough extra money to buy hash online.
- It is becoming more and more affordable to purchase electric cars. The number of options and models offered by automakers has increased as consumer demand has grown. Consequently, electric vehicle costs have decreased. Hyundai Konas, for example, start at around $30,000. When you account for tax credits, the price drops to around $27,000. Several states offer tax credits, as well as the federal income tax credit of $7,500. There are some proposed electric vehicles whose prices are extremely competitive with similar gas-powered vehicles.
- A zen-like driving experience is available with electric vehicles. Due to their lower centers of gravity, EVs generally offer better handling, comfort, and responsiveness. As well as a smooth acceleration and deceleration, electric vehicles also have a quiet ride, which are all factors that make them pleasant to drive. You’re sure to find an EV that meets your needs and style as even more EV models are available with compartments for hash.